Junior Prom

Logan Hill

On May 11, the Swampscott High School Junior Prom will be hosted at the Ipswich Country Club, and will last from early evening to late evening.

People have been readying themselves for prom for months, and many can’t wait for the day to arrive. For some, like Alessandra Amore, prom is a great event because of the time you get to spend with friends. “I’ve been to two proms before and I couldn’t be more excited to go to another it’s so fun and I love all the pictures and spending time with my friends”, expressed Alessandra.

Despite a large portion of the grade participating in the event each year, many people choose not to for various reasons. For some, such as Liam Callahan or Brandon Christianson, prom is “just a waste of time and money.”

Even though some people may not be going to junior prom, a fair portion of people that choose not to go to Junior Prom are choosing to go to senior prom next year. Matthew Mauriello, who isn’t going to junior prom but plans on going to next year’s event, said this, “I have had two siblings go to prom and they said the senior one was a lot better, so the junior one is not worth going to.”

“Even though I’m not going this year, I’m still looking forward to next year’s prom, I think it’ll be a lot of fun.” Matthew Mauriello added.