The Senior Show 2017

Damon Christie and Ethan Friedman

On Tuesday, May 9th, the class of 2017 presented their Senior Show.  

The luck of the Irish hit this group and they created a rushed, but amazing show filled with fun skits, and interaction with audience.  The show started off with a bang, opening up with the two hosts Thomas Pass and Maisie Vasquez, who kept their comments short but sweet, allowing the talented guests to show off their talents.  Some of the events were If Trump Ran For Principal of SHS, Irish Step Dance, Nico Promposes to Teachers, Inner Thoughts, Morning Announcements, and many more satires of typical school events.  

One of the highlights for high school senior Zack Thompson is the Irish Step, done by Billy Petrocelli who is number 7 in the world for it.  Not only Zack found it amazing, many people thought it was one of the highlights of the show.  Also, another student Alex Cherkasov, said that, “Billy went off,” showing how people noticed the amount of effort that was put into the dance.  

This year’s class brought back a tradition called Mr. SHS, a pageant like skit where six men all walk around trying to become the Mr. SHS.  This was not a disappointment either, the competitors (Matt Moran, Adam Dishman, Stephen Hopkins, Max Carbone, and Alex Kahn) all rocked the stage, strutting their stuff and showing their amazing talents.  Some of them were, being ‘husband material,’ scooter tricks, completing a complicated math equation, and ‘baywatching.’  The person given this year’s title of Mr. SHS was Matt Moran, who definitely deserved the honor by promising ‘spaghetti pizza’ to everyone who attended.

Felicia Silveira, another senior at SHS, commented on Inner Thoughts saying “The thoughts were very funny and unexpected, teasing themselves, but in a funny and respectful way.”  This skit is actually a tradition for the Senior Show, though for the past few years they have no been doing it.  Many people in the audience also found the skit enjoyable and quite funny.  

At the end of the show, Thomas Pass and Spencer Aguiar ended the show with a singing of Fly Me to the Moon, but Frank Sinatra, also inviting the audience to sing along with them.  Kwest Lacy commented on Thomas’s performance saying, “My favorite part was Thomas Pass being the host, that guy was just too funny.”  

Next  year’s Senior Show is going to have a lot to compete with, and while it was not the best in SHS history, the show was definitely one to remember.