Sticky notes- a welcome surprise

Felicia Silveira

Sticky notes on the lockers of SHS students.

Thoughts of encouragement bloom at Swampscott High School.

During the month of March the students of Swampscott High School walked into school and found sticky notes on their lockers. On the sticky notes were words of encouragement and positive comments that were meant to brighten both students and teachers’ moods, as well as get the students of Swampscott High to feel good about themselves. The sticky notes were written by many students of volunteers who took the time to stay after school and post a sticky notes on each individual’s locker for the next morning.

ADL and a group of students who volunteered, were part of taking action and the time to spread a little kindness to their fellow classmates. Fatima Sidibe, Bianca Doman, were some of the students out of many who spent her time after school to help out, “There were a couple of us who did the sticky notes, we each did three sticky notes to bring positivity into our school”, said Bianca.     

The teachers and students of Swampscott High school find words of encouragement that brighten their day, and I found a sticky note on my locker written on it was “beautiful.”  Many people were happy to feel welcomed and thought about. A special thanks to those who spent their afternoon doing an act of kindness just a simple as writing a few words on a sticky note–it means more than you think.