Prom season is here!

Damon Christie

On April 28th, most of the juniors will be attending the fairytale-esque night called prom.

Taking place at the Montvale Plaza in Stoneham, the prom will be a fun night filled with food, dancing, and music.  A night to remember for all who attend, many people are excited to go out for a formal night.  When asking Kendra Fitzgerald, the Vice President of the Junior student council, why she is excited, she exclaimed, “I am excited because it’s prom, and as student council we’ve been planning a lot of things, and it’s nice to see it all come together.”  

A lot of the fun of Prom is dressing up in formal clothing, and getting ready for the night out.  Most girls are dressing up in long dresses, and to complement the formal wear, doing makeup, hair, getting nails done, as well as eyebrows, and getting spray tans.   Guys are getting tuxedos and sprucing up for their dates.

Students are not the only ones who are excited though, many teachers are asked to chaperone the dance.  Ms. Welch, the school librarian and driving instructor, is going to be one of the bus chaperones.  Her job is to keep everyone safe, and to make sure the students are having fun.  She also is dressing up in a dress saying that she cannot decide which of her many dresses to wear.

This years Junior Prom will be a night to remember for all who are going, from the students preparing, to the amazing chaperones, Junior Prom is going to be amazing.