Swampscott High School’s Amazing Arts

Advertisement - SNO Ad Network

Swampscott High School’s Amazing Arts

On Thursday May 12, Friday May 13, and Saturday, May 14 at 7p.m. Swampscott High School’s Drama Club and Music Department put on a fabulous show that so many could enjoy. The cast and crew made Into the Woods into a lively and original performance. The music and lyrics were written by Stephen

Sondheim. The book Into the Woods was written and originally directed on broadway James Lapine. This play contains some violence, death, and frightening moments. In general, the show is appropriate for children ages ten and older. This play is a spin-off of all the fairytales we know and love formed into one dramatic story. We have many talented actors, actresses, directors, and crew members among us within the SHS Drama Club and Music Department. Anna Hunt played The Baker’s Wife, Theofane Hatzelamprou played the wolf, Tenley Shai as Cinderella, Joshua was Jack, Jackson Smith as the Baker, Eliza as Jack’s mom, Julia playing the evil stepmother, and Natasha Jayme and her pal Erin as the two evil stepsisters. Mr. Pierce has been head of the drama department for many years now and never fails to put on a fabulous show that so many are able to enjoy. His performances over the years have brought the audience to tears, laughter, awe, and admiration. He is an extremely hard working man. We have so much talent in this small town by the sea and watching my schoolmates put on such an amazing performance makes me proud to be from Swampscott and brings the community even closer. Here’s a well-deserved round of applause for the tremendous amount of hard work and dedication the SHS Drama Club and Music Department have put into the musical Into the Woods and all other shows that have come before. Although I won’t be here, I know next year will not disappoint. Congrats, Into the Woods-ers, you killed it!

*****(5/5)